Friday, April 19, 2013

My action research plan...

After much careful consideration and thought I have decided to focus my action research project on determining what impact direct mentoring will have on behavior intervention? I feel that this topic will place positive role models in a position to teach students the characteristics needed to become a productive citizen and an exemplary student. This topic will benefit the students who are being mentored and it will also give the teachers a chance to develop their relationship building skills and improve their teaching capabilities. I feel that this project will have the greatest impact on my school because it will help students and teachers progress and will cultivate a culture of compassion and learning from each other; I believe that the mentors will learn just as much as the mentees.  

3 comments:

  1. Tommie, this sounds like a great research action plan. How are you going to collect data on this. I find that finding actual data to analyze is the most difficult part. I think this project will be great for your school and the students! Good luck.
    Lourdes Mueller

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Lourdes. Collecting data, after deciding on the topic is the most difficult aspect. It is hard to keep opinions out of it completely. Data needs to be qualitative as well as quantitative but it is difficult to keep it objective. This is such a great research topic. For too many kids we are the only one to show them love and support. Some of these kids live in a very sad world and they need to know that we do care.

    ReplyDelete